About: Cedrus atlantica is a very large, up to 130 feet tall, evergreen tree. The oil distilled from the wood has a sweet cedar aroma characterized as manly.
- Latin Binomial; Cedrus atlantica
- Country of Origin; Morrocco
- Traditional Uses; Acne, dandruff, dermatitis, eczema, fungal infections, greasy skin, hair loss, skin eruptions, ulcers, arthritis, rheumatism, bronchitis, catarrh, congestion, coughs, cystitis, leucorrhoea, pruritis, nervous tension, stress
- Method of Production; steam distillation of wood
- Perfume Note; base
- Safety; avoid during pregnancy - moderate need for dilution prior to application
How to Use:
Diffusing: Add 5-10 drops to your diffuser.
Topical Use, Bathing & Massage: Add 2-5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and place in warm bath water or massage into skin.
Facial Steam: Add 2-5 drops to a bowl of steaming water and inhale deeply for 5-10 minutes. For best results, cover your head and the bowl with a towel to trap steam.