About: Laurus nobilis is an evergreen tree that can reach up to 60 feet. The oil produced from it's leaves is herbaceous and characteristic of bay leaf.
- Latin Binomial; Laurus nobilis L.
- Country of Origin; Hungary
- Traditional Uses; Scalp stimulant, dandruff, greasy/lifeless hair, muscular/articular aches and pains, neuralgia, poor circulation, rheumatism, sprains, strains, colds, flu, infectious diseases
- Method of Production; steam distillation of leaves
- Perfume Note; top
- Safety; use in moderation, recommend a moderate carrier oil to essential oil ratio
How to Use:
Diffusing: Add 5-10 drops to your diffuser.
Topical Use, Bathing & Massage: Add 2-5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and place in warm bath water or massage into skin.
Facial Steam: Add 2-5 drops to a bowl of steaming water and inhale deeply for 5-10 minutes. For best results, cover your head and the bowl with a towel to trap steam.